Seedstars is a Switzerland based startup competition that takes place in emerging markets. They try to help reduce unemployment in those emerging markets through the promotion and investment in entreneurship.
They’ve held competitions in places like Dubai, Cape Town, Durban and Lagos.
This Sunday, Seedstar will be in Accra where they will hear pitches from 10 startups in Accra. The best pitch joins the global Seedstars Family and take part in their regional and global Seedstars Summits.
I’ll be in attendance to see how it all goes down. The startup marketplace in Ghana is getting interesting. There’s a lot of talent out there that need exposure.
Attendance is free and the event takes place at Impact Hub in Accra at 2pm.
The ten startups pitching their startups are listed below:
- Chalkboard Education: A startup that offers plug-and-play mobile learning solutions that work on any device and without Internet connection.
- Cocktail Insights: A social media analytics and marketing tool that enables eCommerce businesses and merchants maximise the returns of their social media marketing.
- GoSun Stove: A startup that develops clean, safe and practical fuel-free cooking technology to feed the world, while bolstering energy independence and social equity.
- HQ Renewable Tech: A startup dedicated to bringing dead and neglected solar and automotive batteries to life.
- Krinotech Solutions: Developers of MobiSave, a web and native mobile application that helps users to save and invest money while making regular calls from their devices
- Landmapp: A platform that offers affordable land rights documentation for smallholder farmers, and builds accurate data profiles to broker additional services.
- Nubian Oryx: Low-cost, low-carbon urban housing in African cities using sustainable earthbag building technology.
- Swappaholics: A platform for individuals and businesses to connect and swap products and services in a social setting without needing money.
- SynCommerce: SynCommerce provides you an effective and easy to use tool to manage and synchronize inventory and orders across multiple sales channels.
- TECHAiDE: An all-in one content delivery system that is a low-power, durable device that reaches low-income, Internet free places in the World.
It should be an interesting day. I’ll posting details after the event.